When We Are Closed
Out of Hours' Service (18:30 – 08:30, weekends and Bank Holidays)
Patients requiring urgent visits should use the same telephone number at all times. Telephone 01744 882855
A message on the answering machine will give you the number of the Deputising Service. Patients fit to travel may be asked to attend an out of hours centre.
Other Sources of Help
Call NHS 111 When It’s Less Urgent Than 999
Visit www.nhs.uk/ for more information.
St Helens NHS Walk-In Centre
Visit the nurse-led Walk-In Centre. No appointment is necessary.
The Millennium Centre
Skelmersdale NHS Walk-In Centre, The Concourse Skelmersdale (FREE CAR PARKING adjacent to the Walk-In Centre
The service is available 7 days a week from 7am until 10pm Monday to Saturday and from 09:00 until 22:00 on Sunday.
The standard range of minimum services and treatments include:
- Advice on self-care and how to stay healthy
- Access to health advice and information on other local NHS statutory and voluntary services
- information on local out of hours GP and dental services
- Information on local pharmacy services
- Treatment of minor injuries and illnesses, facilitating referrals elsewhere as appropriate
- St Helens WIC has X-ray facilities and onward referral to the fracture clinic
Out-of-hours services are generally busy so please think carefully before asking to see a doctor and only do so if you genuinely cannot wait until the surgery re-opens.
In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.