We are committed to giving you the best possible service. This will be achieved by working together – help us to help you.
- You will be treated as a partner in the care and attention you receive.
- You will be treated as an individual and will be given courtesy and respect at all times, irrespective of your ethnic origin, religious belief, personal attributes or the nature of your health problems.
- Following discussion you will receive the most appropriate care given by suitably qualified people. No care or treatment will be given without your informed consent.
- We will give you full information about the services we offer. Every effort will be made to ensure that you receive the information which directly affects your care and treatment.
- It is our job to give you treatment and advice. In the interest of your care and treatment it is important for you to understand all the information given to you. Please ask questions if you are unsure of anything.
- We need help too. Please ask for a night visit only when you feel it is really necessary and for home visits by the doctor only when you are too ill to visit the Health Centre.
- Please do everything you can to keep appointments. Tell us as soon as possible if you cannot and be ready to provide information about your past illnesses, medication, hospital admissions and any other relevant details.
- We will provide you with information about how to make suggestions or complaints about the care and treatment we offer. We want to improve services and will therefore welcome any comments you have.
- While we undertake to treat you with courtesy and respect we expect that you will reciprocate by treating our staff in the same manner.