We are currently closed.
Rainford Health Centre offers late GP appointments to registered patients on a Thursday and Friday evening, and Practice Nurse appointments on a Friday evening only.
Please note these are for routine pre-booked appointments only. No urgent cases will be seen. The reception area and the telephone lines will close at 18:30.
Occasionally, due to staff holidays, we may need to change these sessions. Patients will be notified of this in advance via the practice website.
Evening and Weekend Appointments
Please see our page on Evening and Weekend Appointments for more information about this service.
Protected Learning Closures
For more information, please view our Protected Learning Closures page.
The services below are not managed by the Doctors at Rainford Health Centre:
- Phlebotomy Clinics (Blood taking)
- Rainford Health Centre – Tuesday 08:00 to 12:30 (Appointment required, phone 0800 953 0960)
- Garswood Surgery – Monday 08:00 to 12:30 (Appointment required, phone 0800 953 0960)
- St Helens Hospital – Monday & Tuesday 08:00 to 18:00, Wednesday to Friday, 08:00 to 17:00
- Whiston Hospital – Monday to Friday , 07:00 to 17:00
- St Helens Urgent Treatment Centre – Saturday, 08:30 to 11:00 (Appointment required, phone 01744 627400)
- Lowe House Health Centre – Monday to Friday, 08:00 to 11:15 (Appointment required, phone 0800 953 0960)
Treatment Room services
For ear syringing, removal of stitches, dressings please call 0800 953 0960 and press option 2. You can call 09:00-17:00, Monday – Friday.
For hearing aid batteries please call 01744 646027
When We Are Closed
Out of Hours’ Service
18:30 – 08:30, weekends and Bank Holidays
Patients requiring urgent visits should use the same telephone number at all times. Telephone 01744 882855.
A message on the answering machine will give you the number of the Deputising Service. Patients fit to travel may be asked to attend an out of hours centre.
Other Sources of Help
You can visit walk-in centres without an appointment for minor injuries and illnesses. Please see our digital Treatment Room for more information on local services available out of hours.